Tradition, Culture, Fraternity & Service
Since 1747

About

The St. Andrew’s Society of Philadelphia, named in honor of Scotland’s patron saint, is believed to be the oldest charitable membership organization in continuous existence in North America. It was organized in 1747 by twenty-five prominent Pennsylvanians of Scottish ancestry to assist the large numbers of destitute Scots arriving in Philadelphia at that time. Its early members count five signers of the Declaration of Independence.